There will be several online articles on what you need for a home recording audio studio. Here are the key components you need – all available on the SudeepAudio.com webstore.
- A Computer – buy it from a reputed computer vendor only to ensure good after sales support.
- Intel i5 or above processor
- 8GB RAM
- 1 TB Hard disc
- 19″ or higher LED screen
- USB 3.0 ports
- ORIGINAL Windows 10 Home or higher
- iMac or Macbook Pro (after 2016 edition)
- OS 10.12 or above
8. Pop Filter
9. Ear Training Software (advisable)
We also have recommended filtered products under our PACKAGES menu to help you decide faster.
When you listen to music – whether at home, in the car or in a recording studio, your ears ultimately will guide your decisions on what adjustments to make. The speakers you use for your playback make a big difference in how you hear those sounds. This is the job of a quality studio monitor in your recording room.
Studio monitors are designed to reproduce audio signals that are as flat as possible across the audible frequency spectrum. Unlike consumer stereo speakers that may be tweaked to produce a strong bass response and sound punchy, good studio monitors don’t emphasize particular frequencies over others. A good monitor will give you accurate, consistent response no matter the volume level. This allows you to listen critically to how certain elements of the mix sound at different volumes. They also capture fleeting musical transients that add subtlety and nuance to the sounds they reproduce.
Of course, it takes quality components and exhaustive engineering to make sure the signal remains flat, and this is one of the major differences reflected in the prices of studio monitors. That said, if you have a limited budget with which to equip your home or project studio, you’ll find moderately priced monitors that can do the job.
Our recommendation is to hear the monitors in your own room. But this is not possible for every model of every brand. Hence the best way to arrive at a decision is to go for the ones you have heard at a commercial studio or even better, a friend’s setup you have been to.
|Download the eSA (electronic Shopping Assistant) monitor selection tips here>>|
And with changes in acoustical treatment, positioning of the studio monitors could make them sound even better. We also recommend you to buy the Sonarworks Reference Kit to help you maximise the potential of your speaker setup.
You can go through the list of studio monitors here>>
Acoustics is the branch of physics concerned with the study of sound (mechanical waves in gases, liquids, and solids).
- A scientist who works in the field of acoustics is an acoustician.
- The application of acoustics in technology is called acoustical engineering.
- There is often much overlap and interaction between the interests of acousticians and acoustical engineers.
- Acoustics is the science concerned with the production, control, transmission, reception, and effects of sound.
ARTICLE(s) TO READ:
- Seven common myths about Room Acoustics
- more coming…
All this theory apart, watch the videos below of the best professionals from the acoustics business, and use their suggestions / tips to improve your own home recording studios!
Tips from Munro Acoustics
Tips from Sound Wizard
1. Read about basic terminology of audio and music. Read here >>
2. Audio Glossary is given here >>
3. To TEST your audio basics knowledge with fun, PLAY PRO AUDIO GAMES here >>
The videos below are by audio experts who explain some audio terms to you using simple language.
Classes of Amplifiers
Types of Headphones
SudeepAudio.com supplies recording studio equipment to corporate studios, large media houses, TV channel studios and individual home studios also. We are the only dedicated music software distributors in India since 2003. And also supply hi-end and home studio equipment on our online store.
Below is our video playlist in which you will find a series of studio tours of recording studios from various parts of India (primarily Mumbai).
Yes, we will be covering the ones from South India soon 🙂
Studio Tours playlist
TV Broadcast studio tour
Though SudeepAudio.com does not deal in PA equipment sales or service at the moment, here are some articles written to help make you aware of a Public Address system.
- Basics of a PA system, how to hold a microphone on stage and much more. Read here >>
- How to check a PA system at a venue before going live? Read here >>
Watch the videos below to know about how live soundcheck is done by some of the top bands in India!
Stage monitoring for SEL
Soundcheck for Farhan Live
Multi-band soundcheck (SEL and Farhan Live)
Soundcheck with musicians 1
Soundcheck with musicians 2
Soundcheck with musicians 3
Handling a FOH mixer
Sound setup for AR Rahman