eLicenser keys explained
Buying original music software – DAW and plugins – always makes you feel happy and proud within. And that is a legal requirement for any commercial work done from home / an institute / a recording studio.
There are usually two kinds of activation processes thereafter:
1. Serial-based (needs an internet connection; not necessarily on the same computer where you want to install and use a product), and
2. Dongle-based (physical usb key – either part of the package or to be bought separately).
In this #tutoREal, we are clearing some doubts of customers regarding various eLicenser keys available on SudeepAudio.com.
Read more details about the product here >>
The ViennaKey is a USB protection device by eLicenser that is required to run any Vienna Symphonic Library product. It is not included in any library or software product but has to be purchased separately. If you already have another eLicenser USB protection device (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia), you can use it for VSL products, too. Otherwise we recommend ordering at least one Vienna Key along with your first purchase of a Vienna Instrument.
As an added feature, Vienna Instruments offers a protection plan for VSL Licenses on the key bought from them (valid for ones sold by us also). Details are given here >>
1. What is the difference between these two keys?
None! They serve the exact same purpose of holding a software license which needs an eLicenser.
2. Why two or more eLicenser options then?
eLicenser keys are from companies like Steinberg, Vienna and Arturia. Unlike car or mobile phones in a similar price segment, these are not different models or variants. They are identical.
3. Then why do different companies make these?
It is like offering everything under one roof. For example, when you buy a Vienna software, you need a physical eLicenser key. So why let a customer look elsewhere?
4. I already have one eLicenser key. Should i buy another one?
If you have an eLicenser key (from any company), then you do not have to buy another one. Buy new one only if you need different product licenses to be stored on separate USB dongles (keys).
A Vienna key holds a Steinberg and Arturia license, and vice-versa. Why?
5. So which eLicenser USB key should i buy?
- Simple. The one that is in stock on SudeepAudio.com 🙂
- There is no price difference in any of these key variants.
- There is no difference in their application / purpose.
About eLicense Control Centre
The eLicenser Control Center is a utility that allows for managing music software licenses by a variety of manufacturers.
Via the eLicenser Control Center licenses can be downloaded and stored on a USB-eLicenser (dongle, license key) or in a Soft-eLicenser (virtual license container on hard disk). Many licenses can also be transferred to other eLicensers via the eLicenser Control Center. Possible license transactions depend on the respective software and license.
SudeepAudio.com is the authorised dealer for these products in India.
All trademarks and copyrights belong to the respective manufacturers.